This is a self-directed course that introduces you to the SenseMaker® Environment. The course materials — custom-made videos, podcasts, and readings and other documents — cover the process of working with SenseMaker®; introduce the important terms and key concepts; and illustrate typical results.
Someone who has completed this course would be well-prepared for the two-day, instructor-led SenseMaker® workshop, but would not (yet) be able to run a SenseMaker® project unassisted.
At the conclusion of this self-paced online class, you will have covered:
• Review of Cognitive Edge basics and Cynefin
• Introducing clients to SenseMaker®
• Signification framework
• Story collection
• Sense-making methods and software
• Safe-to-fail probes and action steps
• You lead yourself in all aspects of pacing and use of the materials. There is no instructor or facilitator.
• The course has built-in online capability for learning from and collaborating with other participants.
• Immediately upon completion of registration and payment, you will receive log-in instructions.
• You work at your own pace and have access to the course materials for three months.
• There is a contact email for resolving technical problems or moderating other issues.
Pre-requisites & Requirements:
• There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, although it is generally aimed at someone who understands the basics of Cynefin.
• You will benefit from a broadband or DSL Internet connection although it’s not mandatory.
• You need one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, OR any version of Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome. (Please note the version constraint for IE.)
Undergraduate and graduate school students with an “edu” address can use the promotional code ACAD-10 to receive 10% off the charge. This does not apply to faculty or staff. We may contact you to verify your status.